When your baby is over 6 months old, it’s time to start them on solid food. Now you can buy baby food at the store as well, but doctors recommend against it. It is highly recommended to make baby food from scratch at home. Many mothers especially working ones are hesitant because of all the extra efforts and time involved. However, this doesn’t have to be the case in the technological world of today. You can relieve yourself of all the unnecessary efforts and time by choosing a baby food processor to do the job for you. This site was helpful for buying the baby food processor available in the market along with their reviews. A good baby food processor will steam and puree food and even defrost frozen food. Some of the best ones have sterilization capabilities as well. However, you need to do a little research in order to get home the best baby food processor that will make your job a piece of cake. I have, for your convenience, put together a list of things you need to keep in mind when making your selection.
- Buy a baby food maker with an adequately large capacity so that you can make food in bulks and store it in the freezer. Who wants to go through the trouble of repeating the task every day? I know I wouldn’t! 2 or 3 cups is the ideal capacity for you if you want to store food.
- The machine you choose should be performing all the processes (like steaming and pureeing) in the same bowl to avoid a lot of clean up resulting from the use of extra utensils.
- The baby food maker you select should be able to cook meat, chicken and fish as well and not just fruits and vegetables. This will add variety to what you can feed your baby. Also, your baby needs their share of protein as they are growing up.
- Get a machine that is dishwasher safe. The whole point of buying a baby food processor is to make your work easier. If you get a machine with a lot of parts and that is not dishwasher safe either, that will take a lot of effort cleaning up, what is the point of buying it then?
- Look for a machine that has all its parts BPA-free. Bisphenol A (BPA) is a compound found in many plastic utensils that is known to be harmful to humans. By buying a BPA-free baby food processor you will ensure your baby’s health.
- Look for baby food processors that offer wider range of functionalities. For example with a baby food maker that has sterilizing capabilities, you can sterilize baby bottles as well along with making baby food.
- The baby food maker should have a motor power high enough to handle tasks like grinding meat. Look for a machine that is at least 350 watts. With this power or higher, you will have no trouble in making different types of baby food.
If you are looking for a regular food processor for chopping vegetables, grinding meat, shredding cheese etc, choosefoodprocessor.com provides all the necessary information you will need on find the best food processor.